Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Organic Vegetarian Restaurant, Woods Bio Marche

I have been slightly more health conscious recently, trying to lose weight, lose fats and tone up. I stumbled upon this restaurant when I was google-ing for restaurants that serve healthy organic food. After looking at a few reviews and the food menu on the website, I decided to pay a visit to Woods Bio Marche.

They have 2 shops currently, one located at SS2, Petaling Jaya and the other one at Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur. I went to the one at SS2, PJ. Personally, I am not a big fan of vegetarian food and I don't really like going to vegetarian restaurants because of the smell that all vegetarian restaurants have. Woods Bio Marche has the same smell, the smell which I forgot until I pushed open the door and needed some time to get use to it.

For each day, they have 1 bento and 1 main course (both serve with soup of the day) and are only available on that particular day. Other than that, they have noodles, rice and other dishes that are available everyday. They serve organic cakes (including tiramisu) and sell organic products as well.

I did not take any photo of the shop. So there will only be pictures of food. 

Mamak Mee (with wholegrain noodles)

I only tried a tablespoon of the Mamak Mee. To be honest, the look of it was not very appetizing. The taste was ok. Not my favourite. But it is probably a good alternative for those who love Mamak Mee yet worried about gaining weight, fats etc.

(a) Bento for every Saturday
(b) Kale and Apple Smoothie


The Bento was served warm. I really like the look of it. So colorful and most importantly, healthy. There was grilled sweet potatoes as well, on the top left corner, covered by the lotus roots. The mixed grains/brown rice (I am not so sure) and black beans (I think) with the sprinkle of black sesame on top was the best. The black sesame just enhanced the whole thing. Amazing. I finished everything else apart from the rice. It was too much for me.

Woods Bio Marche (click here for the website)
Petaling Jaya SS2 Outlet
11am-9pm Tues to Sun
Tel: (+6)03-79600260


No comments:

Post a Comment