Sunday, October 27, 2013

Simple Life, Setia City Mall

I didn't realise there is an organic vegetarian restaurant in Setia City Mall until recently when one of my friends posted a food photo on Instagram. I decided to give it a try and went to the restaurant yesterday. 

It is located at the Food Hall area of Setia City Mall, a very small shop next to Taste Better (the shop that sells durian cream puffs). Simple Life serves a range of set meals as well as a la carte dishes, at a very reasonable price. It is cheaper than Wood Bio Marche that I went to early this month. (Or was it last month?)

I can't made up my mind on what to order as my main course, so I went for the best seller i.e. Lei Cha (擂茶). I only knew about Lei Cha 2 months ago. It is a traditional Hakka tea-based beverage or gruel. Nowadays it is mostly taken as a dietary brew, served together with rice and other vegetables. It is a dish very commonly seen on the menus of many organic and/or vegetarian restaurants.

Lei Cha

I really like the color of Lei Cha. It is so colorful, and the fact that it is healthy served with brown rice just made it one of my favourite. The teapot at the back of the photo contained Lei Cha, a green color beverage, for us to pour into the rice and mixed it up with other side dishes shown in the photo.

before pouring Lei Cha into the bowl

I am a person with no immune system towards food that are made like sushi rolls. So I ordered a side dish i.e. the Japanese Egg Vege Rolls, despite the main dish that I was not even sure if I could finish it.

Japanese Egg Vege Roll

Look how the egg rolls is filled with carrots and other vegetables so finely cut and sliced. Definitely my favourite. Although I would prefer it with lesser or no mayonaise. It also comes with a side salad, a bit similar to coleslaw but I am pretty sure they added a bit of vinegar to it. Tasted really good too.

Simple Life Healthy Vegetarian Restaurant
Click here for their Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment