Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Xenri D' Garden Terrace, Menara Hap Seng and Oishii Ramen, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee

Yesterday was a day dedicated to Japanese food.

I went to Xenri D'Garden Terrace yesterday for lunch with my colleague. I know, quite a pricey lunch. But they serve really good food, even for set lunch only. The set lunch prices range from RM34 to RM48 in general. The most expensive set lunch is RM70, which looks really good. The ambience and atmosphere of the restaurant are very quiet and comfortable.

It was my second time to Xenri D'Garden Terrance. I ordered the same set lunch again, salmon minute steak and teppanyaki vegetables served with agedashi tofu, miso soup, cawanmushi and fruits. But this time I requested for salad instead of rice. Salad made me feel healthier, especially with the amount of food they serve for a set lunch (incredibly much).

Salmon Steak and Teppanyaki Vegetables
served with Agedashi Tofu, Miso soup, Cawanmushi and Fruits

The Beef Sukiyaki that my friend tried

At night, I went to Oishii Ramen for dinner with a few of my mates. I wanted to go to LOKL Coffee opposite Oishii Ramen, but they were closing and they served only dessert and coffee by the time we got there. Anyway, I have read about Oishii Ramen on Eat Drink KL and have been wanting to try the food.

I didn't try the Ramen, but I had the cold cha soba instead. It is good, I like it better than the cold soba serve at all other chain restaurant. The sauce/soup for the soba tasted different. It's a pleasant difference which I really don't know how to describe. The soba comes with tempura. I had one, it is different from those at Sushi Zanmai and Sushi Tei. Personally, I like this one better as well.

Cold Cha Soba with Tempure

One of my mates tried the Beef Ramen. His reaction when he had the soup was "Not bad wor". I think that reaction came mainly from the fact that Oishii Ramen was empty when we were there around 7.20pm and we were the only customers.

Beef Ramen

Xenri D' Garden Terrace
Lot 2-04, 2nd Floor, Menara Hap Seng,
Jalan P Ramlee 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: (+6)03-2078 6688
Click here for their website

Oishii Ramen
21, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee
50000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: (+6)03-2022 0543
Click here for their Facebook page

1 comment: