Sunday, October 13, 2013

Menya Musashi, The Intermark KL

I went to this Japanese ramen restaurant, Menya Musashi at The Intermark, KL last week because of it's deal on Living Social. The promotion was RM20 for RM40 food and drink voucher. Multiple vouchers can be purchased and redeemed for the same receipt, and no limitation on the number of vouchers that you can use to redeemed. I bought 2 of it.

Just for those who haven't heard about Living Social, it operates the same way as Groupon. But nowadays Living Social has better deals than Groupons. For example, Dining in the Dark.

I hadn't heard about it before I saw the deal on Living Social. But apparently it is a very successful ramen shop in Japan and Singapore, and Malaysia (I think).

Anyway,back to the KL one. It is located just right in front of Jaya Grocer's payment counters. It is quite a small shop. I was lucky to get a corner table. Personally don't fancy sitting in the middle of restaurants. Always make me feels awkward. The ramen comes in red (chilli), black (fried shallots with garlic) and white (onion oil) soup. There is also the tsukemen. Similar to cold soba, except that you dip the noodles into a bowl of hot soup instead of a cold one.

The Ajitama Black and the Ajitama Red
I can't tell if the black and red are good because I didn't really try them and I wasn't interested in the red and the fact that it looked very oily (compared to the rest) really don't make it my choice of food. But, the 2 guys who ate them said they are both quite happy with the ramen and the soup. So I guess the black and red ramen are both okay. By the way, the portion was quite big that they were struggling to finish it.

Musashi Tsukemen
This was the one I had. For this one, you can upgrade the portion of the noodle for FREE. I upgraded it to x 1.5 since I was sharing with my sister. I really like this one. I like the warm soup and the noodles are different from usual ramen. The soup is really good for dipping the noodles in it, but it is bad to have it without the noodles. TOO salty, at least for me. I would really recommend this, just because I personally love this very much.

By the way, the egg was good. All of us love it. I would have added extra egg if I wasn't too full to eat anymore.

Menya Musashi
LC-01-05, Intermark Mall
348, Jalan Tun Razak, 50450 KL
(+6)03-2181 7199

Click here for the deal on Living Social

No comments:

Post a Comment