Monday, October 14, 2013

"What Does It Mean To Be A Human?" - A Project by Selvan Ramis

I first saw this project 3 weeks ago, when one of my friends was featured in this project.

I then started looking at what the answers and thoughts of others are to this question. Everyone has provided different answers that it left me pondering and reflecting on my own attitude and past experiences (the good and the bad, the right and the wrong) and what does being a human mean to me.

Just one simple question, 8 words, it left me thinking over and over again.

Photo taken from Allyson Pearl @ Pinterest

I then came up with my own answer to the question:-

"Self-discovering. Constantly challenging ourselves and pushing our boundaries. Learn from our past and let it be the nutrient of our life."

I am in my early 20s,just starting and trying to build my career. At this point of life, I think self-discovering is what it means to be a human. I need to constantly try new things to discover my likes and dislikes, my new capabilities, to unfold my own potential that I don't or didn't even know existed and most importantly, realising the path I actually and really want to take in my career and also future. Reality is cruel and harsh. Past time can never be recovered, mistakes done can never be forgotten and good times can never be relived. Self-discovering is a way of moving forward, to be a (hopefully) better person by learning from my own past. Everytime I move forward a little, I would be creating a new past. All these past would eventually be the nutrient, vitamin and evidence of my life.

Photo taken from Pam Didner @ Pinterest

This is a great project and it is still on-going. Click here to have a look. You might just like it.

If you have an answer to the question, why not submit your answer (in not more than 30 words) to Selvan Ramis and be featured in the project? You can send your response, a photo of you which does not need to illustrate your response and your preferred name at here.

No comments:

Post a Comment