Sunday, October 20, 2013

Banana Leaf Rice at Sri Nirwana Maju and Dessert at NOSH

Finally! I went to have the famous banana leaf rice at Sri Nirwana Maju, Bangsar with 2 friends of mine. I passed by the restaurant a few times when I went to Number 76 Style for my hair cut, but I didn't know that it is the restaurant famous for banana leaf rice. Seriously, how could I not know about it at all?

Basic Banana Leaf Rice

We had the basic version of banana leaf rice i.e. banana leaf as the 'plate' with rice, 2 vegetables (one of it is cucumber), fried bitter gourd topped with chicken and fish curry sauce. I was reluctant to try the fried bitter gourd initially because I am never a fan of bitter gourd. But I couldn't stop having it after I ate one. It is not bitter at all. It is just really crunchy and addictive. Definitely one of my favourite sides now. I could do with just refilling the 3 sides that come with the basic banana leaf rice without adding any meats.

with Fish and Chicken curry

After that we went to NOSH for our dessert. I was quite happy that I finally had the chance to visit NOSH after all the good reviews I heard and read on the net. NOSH serves desserts according to the season apart from the standard ones. We had 2 of the Autumn/Winter (I can't remember) desserts, recommended by the waiter. We were quite happy with the desserts because they weren't too sweet, just nice for us. If I had to choose, I prefer Peanut Butter Heaven, mainly because it comes with cookies crumbles and I always love combination of something crunchy in soft food. Example, mint ice cream with chocolate chip, Ben & Jerry Cookies and Cream and Haagen Dazs Strawberry Cheesecake.

Berry Heaven and Peanut Butter Heaven

Sri Nirwana Maju
43 Jalan Telawi 3,
Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: (+6)03-2287 8445

Click here for NOSH's website

No comments:

Post a Comment